With safety of students and teachers at the forefront, how has your school prepared for emergency situations?
Is you school prepared for these emergencies?
- A medical emergency in the classroom
- Incoming inclement weather
- Active shooter threat
Here’s How Wahsega Helps:
- Medical Emergency: At Pinellas County Schools, a student began seizing and the teacher saved precious seconds by pressing a call button for help and was able to assist the student.
- Inclement Weather: Schleicher County ISD is currently implementing Outdoor IP Speakers to notify students on the playground and outdoor areas when a storm is imminent (and instruct students to seek shelter indoors).
- Active Shooter: After the Parkland School shooting tragedy, Pembroke Pines installed an emergency notification system to comply with Florida’s Alyssa’s Law requirements, implementing a 7-code-color system with RED indicating an active shooter lockdown.
Schools no longer need to purchase a separate emergency notification system. With Carina, schools get all of the benefits of an integrated emergency notification system, PA system, intercom, and bell scheduler.
Benefits of a Complete School Emergency Notification System
- Short press the call button for the front office, or hold down the call button for 3 seconds to reach the Security Resource Officer or 911.
- Initiate inclement weather notifications with a press of a button or dialing an extension.
- It’s more than an emergency notification system; it’s also your school’s PA system, bell scheduler, and emergency notification system.
Carina: Complete School Communications System
The Carina PA and Intercom Solution includes:
| || |
We’re here to help.
In this article, we provide 4 steps to apply for a SPAT grant. During an emergency, triggering a silent alarm could save lives. SPAT grant program provides funding to Texas schools for silent panic buttons.
J.D. Doyle, Technology Director, shared his insights into the benefits Schleicher County Independent School District gained when they installed the all-digital Carina® PA, intercom, and bell scheduler system.
Prior to implementing the Carina® platform, schools struggled to update bell schedules for standardized testing week, pep rally Fridays, and complicated lunch schedules. How did implementing the Carina platform resolve their bell scheduling problems?