Carina PBX Lite
The Carina PBX Lite is a simple to use yet powerful IP PBX appliance that can support up to 256 SIP endpoints. Used in conjunction with the Carina Event Manager line of servers, the Carina PBX Lite allows for direct calling to IP endpoints or it can utilize SIP trunking with existing IP PBXs to avoid expensive third-party SIP license fees.
Carina Price: $299
Carina Model Number WL-PBX-CAR-LITE
The Carina PBX Lite is a powerful IP PBX appliance that allows larger organizations to set up their own SIP phone system with Wahsega devices or it can be used to integrate with existing IP PBX systems via SIP trunking to eliminate expensive third-party SIP license fees. In addition to Wahsega endpoints, the Carina PBX Lite supports any SIP device allowing the use of third-party SIP phones and endpoints.
With a built-in DHCP Server, the Carina PBX Lite can also be an integral part of a truly isolated VoIP network when security or access is a concern.
- Powerful IP PBX
- Supports 32 SIP endpoints
- Built-in DHCP server
- Boots in <20 seconds
- SIP trunking
Wahsega’s line of PoE powered IP PBXs are an advanced IP PBX hardware appliance that allows Wahsega customers to easily create a full VoIP communication system with Wahsega’s intercoms, paging adapters, IP phones, IP speakers as well as any third-party SIP compliant devices. The Carina PBX Lite is a multi-functional device which can act as an IP PBX, Paging Server, DHCP server and a VoIP gateway.
Since the PBX Lite is an embedded appliance, not an application running on a PC or a Linux platform, it allows for rapid, fully functional boot times of 10-20 seconds and has near zero risk of viruses, and it is impervious to all common hacking methods. It is also designed to operate at Industrial temperature extremes (-40°C to +60°C). With the PBX Lite built in DHCP Server, it allows for simple LAN islands for paging and intercoms without the cumbersome setup issues using VoIP devices in peer-to-peer mode with static IP addresses.
What makes the PBX Lite unique is its super set of paging & background music functionality and ease of deployment capabilities.
With simple installation and programming, advanced functionality and reduced labor and installation costs, the Carina PBX Lite is the perfect solution for a wide range of applications.
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Built in DHCP Server
- DHCP Server table showing all IP addresses assigned, with clickable links to each device for easy device configuration
- SIP to Multicast rebroadcast allows for the use of any IP Phone for paging.
- Industrial temperature range -40°C to +60°C
- PoE 802.3af enabled (Power-over-Ethernet)
- Up to 256 registered SIP VoIP Clients
- No licensing fees per VoIP client
- No monthly service fees
- Extensive fault tolerance monitoring/management system to ensure maximum device up time.
- Lowest power consumption of any IP PBX in the market ( Less than 1 Watt)
- PICs is discoverable from Windows Explorer (SSDP)
- Incredibly fast boot times. (10-20 seconds)
- Ethernet 10/100Mbps
- Power input:
- PoE 802.3af
- 9V-16V DC Input
- Power Usage is less than 1 Watt standby
- Rugged all metal case
- DIN Rail mounting option
- 1U Rack Mount
- FCC Class A
- Dimensions: 1.65″ H x 4.75″ W x 5.4″
- Industrial temperature range -40°C to +60°C
- Up to 256 registered SIP based VoIP clients
- 4 concurrent calls to the external gateway
- Support for 2 independent external gateways
- 2 SIP bridge accounts per gateway
- 16 concurrent active LAN to LAN calls
- 64 max page groups
- 2 pages can broadcast simultaneously
- 64 max call groups (Ring/Hunt)
- 2 call groups active simultaneously
- Built in web page PICs configuration and management
- Call logs for LAN to LAN calls and gateway calls.
- SIP to multicast rebroadcast for paging.
- Allows for paging zones to be accessed from a standard IP Phone.
- Support for IGMP Querying
- Standard call features
- Transfer (attended and unattended)
- Call forwarding
- Ring Groups
- DHCP Server for creating simple LAN islands. (No router required)
- Web page that shows all DHCP addresses assigned
- Each device’s address has a clickable link taking the user to that device’s web page
- Support for IPV4/V6
- Rapid boot times, 10-20 seconds
- Syslog level settings
Carina PBX Lite is compatible with
Here's what our customers are saying
Schleicher Independent School District
JD Doyle, Technology Director
With the Carina system, I can control everything from a website; I can easily adjust the volume in each classroom.
Destin High School
Chris Harris, Founding Board Member
At the end of the day, it just works. I put it in and I don't have to mess with it.
Bossier Parish Schools
Jeffrey Becker, DCS Telecom
We added installing a brand new PA/Intercom system within the original project timeframe, thanks to the simplicity of Carina; we couldn’t do this with any other system.
Trinity Valley Community College
Lonie Packer, Director of Network Operations
From a financial standpoint, the Wahsega system is the most affordable option, it’s been a great product to work with.
Lincoln County Schools
Steven Hoyle, Director of Technology Services
If we hadn’t found Wahsega we would be much less invested in IP given our budget. The sweet spot of what we can afford with the value we need.
North Kansas City
Joel Brooks, Network Project Manager
I now have a one-fit device that can solve a lot of problems. From a management standpoint, I don’t need a separate intercom, alert systems and synchronized time system.
Brandy Blanchard, IT Project Manager
A huge benefit was the secondary speaker with half the wiring, it was a godsend for our limited budget.
Gerry Dawson, Technology Director
With Carina, we got a comprehensive platform with a fully digital paging system, synchronized clock and bell scheduler, classroom intercom, and emergency notification that’s future-proof.
Robert Clemmer, IT Administrator
The Carina system is a faster and more reliable solution that fit within our limited budget.
Pinellas County Schools
Julian Johnson, Unified Communications Systems Administrator
We started our relationship with Wahsega due to the affordability, but we stayed because of the great customer service.
Matthew Kefford, Director of Technology Services
Safety is the biggest advantage with Wahsega. We are now way ahead of the county in terms of security.
Saint Edward's School
Quen Voyles, IT Director
It has been a great partnership from my standpoint. Very clean installation with easy setup. It’s been a great fit, you can tell everyone involved knows what they’re doing.
Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School
Mike Boardman, Technology Specialist
During standardized testing week, students have different dismissal times, start times; it’s much easier adjusting our bell schedule with Carina than our previous system.
Trinity Christian Academy
Dante McNeil, IT Director
Now the bells work every time which the teachers love, they don't have to keep track of changing schedules, it's just massively improved.