2X2 Ceiling Second Room Speaker
Speaker Price: $299
Carina Model Number WL-SPKR-22-2R
The Wahsega 2×2 Ceiling Second Room Speaker is the perfect tool to expand your audio coverage without the additional costs of PoE cable homeruns. This cost alone prevents so many organizations from being able to have complete coverage in their buildings.
The 2×2 Ceiling Second Room Speaker includes all of the features that the primary speaker does including local room audio via the Sound Reinforcement Panel, support for the Wahsega Call/Panic Button to place calls and the ability to lock and monitor two doors during a building lockdown.
- Connects to primary speaker (required)
- High quality speaker
- Two-way VoIP endpoint
- HD audio / microphone
- Panic/Call button support
- Local room audio support
- Simple ceiling tile mount
- Supports Carina or InformaCast
The Wahsega 2×2 Ceiling Second Room Speaker is a drop-in ceiling tile secondary speaker that must be connected to a primary speaker to operate. With this unique feature, organizations can reduce the amount of PoE cable homeruns by up to 50% without sacrificing audio coverage within the building. Depending on the size of the organization, this can save up to millions of dollars in installation costs. In addition, this feature allows organizations to have a fully digital and future proof system for the same price as outdated legacy systems. Now you can truly protect your investment as Carina will continually receive new software feature updates that all customers will receive for no additional cost.
The 2×2 Ceiling Second Room Speaker supports the SIP protocol so it can register with the Carina PBX, Carina PBX Lite or any IP PBX for easy integration with your existing phone system. The best way to manage this device is through the Carina Event Manager, Event Manager Lite or InformaCast.
With VoIP calls via SIP registration, the 2×2 Ceiling Second Room Speaker functions as a 2-way SIP intercom and also receives broadcast paging announcements via its multicast support, all from a single IP speaker.
Two onboard relays on the 2×2 Ceiling Second Room Speaker enable room lockdowns by controlling door locks for up to two doors and monitoring to make sure they are secured.
The 2×2 Ceiling Second Room Speaker works with the Wahsega Panic/Call Button or standard panic buttons. In addition, it provides advanced functionality to reduce the number of false alarm triggers from the panic button. With this advanced functionality, a brief button press places a call to one preconfigured number—such as the front office—while a longer press-and-hold will call a second, preconfigured panic number.
With simple installation and advanced functionality, the Wahsega 2×2 Ceiling Second Room Speaker is perfect for any indoor application, large or small.
- Connects to a primary speaker (required)
- Powered by primary speaker
- Industry-leading low standby power
- Fully configurable via Carina or InformaCast
- QR code label for easy MAC address identification
- Multiple audio codecs to choose from
- Remote firmware upgradeable
- Simple 2×2 grid lay-in ceiling installation
- Standard earthquake tabs for added stability
- Classroom sound reinforcement panel
- Microphone input
- Web-based mic and speaker volume control
- Two onboard relays for door control
- Integrated status LED
- Compatible with Wahsega Call/Panic or standard panic buttons
- Advanced panic button functionality to reduce false alarm triggers
- Ethernet cable connection
- Power Input: Provided by primary speaker (required)
- Standby Power: < 2W (with Primary Speaker)
- Protocol: SIP RFC 3261 compatible
- Audio Codecs: G.711, G.726 (16/24/32/40kbps), G.722, DVI4 (narrow/HD/Ultra HD), Linear PCM, iLBC, Speex, SILK
- Speaker Drive Capabilities: 5W
- Speaker Impedance: 8Ω
- Speaker Sensitivity: 96dB 1W/1M SPL
- Dry Contact Relay Rating: 2A min, 24VAC/30VDC
- Max PoE Cable Length: 20m Cat5e or Cat6
- Temperature Range: -40°C to +60°C
- FCC Class A
- Dimensions: 24″ x 24″ x 4.44″
- Construction: 24-gauge steel housing with white polyester powder coat paint
- Options: Remote Sound Reinforcement Panel and Wahsega Call/Panic Button
- Warranty: 2 years limited
- US Patent #9,774,966
2×2 ceiling second room speaker is compatible with
Here's what our customers are saying
Schleicher Independent School District
JD Doyle, Technology Director
With the Carina system, I can control everything from a website; I can easily adjust the volume in each classroom.
Destin High School
Chris Harris, Founding Board Member
At the end of the day, it just works. I put it in and I don't have to mess with it.
Bossier Parish Schools
Jeffrey Becker, DCS Telecom
We added installing a brand new PA/Intercom system within the original project timeframe, thanks to the simplicity of Carina; we couldn’t do this with any other system.
Trinity Valley Community College
Lonie Packer, Director of Network Operations
From a financial standpoint, the Wahsega system is the most affordable option, it’s been a great product to work with.
Lincoln County Schools
Steven Hoyle, Director of Technology Services
If we hadn’t found Wahsega we would be much less invested in IP given our budget. The sweet spot of what we can afford with the value we need.
North Kansas City
Joel Brooks, Network Project Manager
I now have a one-fit device that can solve a lot of problems. From a management standpoint, I don’t need a separate intercom, alert systems and synchronized time system.
Brandy Blanchard, IT Project Manager
A huge benefit was the secondary speaker with half the wiring, it was a godsend for our limited budget.
Gerry Dawson, Technology Director
With Carina, we got a comprehensive platform with a fully digital paging system, synchronized clock and bell scheduler, classroom intercom, and emergency notification that’s future-proof.
Robert Clemmer, IT Administrator
The Carina system is a faster and more reliable solution that fit within our limited budget.
Pinellas County Schools
Julian Johnson, Unified Communications Systems Administrator
We started our relationship with Wahsega due to the affordability, but we stayed because of the great customer service.
Matthew Kefford, Director of Technology Services
Safety is the biggest advantage with Wahsega. We are now way ahead of the county in terms of security.
Saint Edward's School
Quen Voyles, IT Director
It has been a great partnership from my standpoint. Very clean installation with easy setup. It’s been a great fit, you can tell everyone involved knows what they’re doing.
Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School
Mike Boardman, Technology Specialist
During standardized testing week, students have different dismissal times, start times; it’s much easier adjusting our bell schedule with Carina than our previous system.
Trinity Christian Academy
Dante McNeil, IT Director
Now the bells work every time which the teachers love, they don't have to keep track of changing schedules, it's just massively improved.