Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom
The Wahsega Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom is a small, wall-mounted indoor intercom with multiple functions. Along with two-way SIP intercom functionality, it can receive Carinda broadcasts and has an integrated relay which users can use to unlock doors.
Carina Price: $199
Carina Model Number WL-IC-SMT-SIP-I-W-R-CAR
The Wahsega Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom is a cost-effective solution for any indoor space where a small intercom is needed. With a steel housing and simple, surface-mount installation, it performs multiple functions in one small, solidly constructed device.
Users simply press a button to call a preconfigured extension for two-way intercom conversations. Advanced panic button functionality allows the Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom to dial one number with a short button press and different number with a longer press and hold. With this function, the intercom can connect with both a front desk and a security desk, with fewer false alarms to the security desk. The caller on the end of the line can activate the intercom’s relay with the press of a button, perhaps unlocking a door to allow entry.
The Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom’s integrated relay can also be activated by an incoming call or Carina broadcast, which can be utilized to activate devices such as a strobe or unlock a door.
While the Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom’s small internal speaker is sufficient for most wall intercom functions, users needing more powerful audio output can instead connect an analog horn speaker or line out to an amplifier.
- Simple surface mount
- Two-way VoIP endpoint
- Integrated speaker and microphone
- On-board relay
- Advanced panic button functionality
- External audio output
- Supports Carina, SIP and RTP multicast
The Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom is a low-cost, small, surface mount IP intercom with one or two buttons, powered via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). It can be used to broadcast alerts and announcements via RTP multicast, or it can function as a SIP intercom.
The Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom’s call button can be configured as a panic button, with a long-press feature to reduce the number of panic button false alarm calls. With this advanced functionality, a brief button press places a call to one preconfigured number in normal intercom mode—such as a front office phone—while a longer press-and-hold will place a call to a second, preconfigured emergency number.
With an onboard relay, the Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom allows centralized or local control of a door lock or other relay options such as a strobe.
Available in one- or two-button configurations, the single-button intercom can also be connected to the Wahsega Panic/Call Button or standard panic buttons. This second button can place a call, activate the intercom’s internal relay or send a DTMF code during an active call.
With multiple priority levels available for RTP multicast streams, higher priority pages and broadcasts are able to interrupt those of lesser importance.
Programming the Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom is simple, and LED feedback on the intercom lets installers know when their system is up and running. The intercom supports the SIP protocol so it can register with the Wahsega PICS, Diet IP PBX or any IP PBX for easy integration with your existing phone system. The best way to manage this device is through the Carina Event Manager or Event Manager Lite.
With simple installation and programming, advanced functionality and reduced labor and installation costs, the Wahsega Indoor Surface Mount IP Intercom is the perfect solution for a wide range of applications.
- Surface mount installation
- Fully configurable via Carina Event Manager
- SIP compliant for both PBX and peer-to-peer (P2P) capability
- Environmental noise suppression
- Full-duplex audio with Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC)
- Multicast audio paging with multiple priority levels
- Top and side raceway knockouts
- Integrated status LED
- Integrated microphone
- Industry-leading low standby power
- PoE 802.3af enabled
- Web-based mic & speaker volume control
- On-board relay for door control
- Ethernet: 10/100 Mbps
- Power Input: PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) 802.3af
- Protocol: SIP RFC 3261 compatible
- Audio Codecs: G.711 uLaw, G.711 aLaw, G.722 HD, G.726 fixed payload, G.729, DVI4 HD, DVI4 Narrowband, OPUS
- Audio Sampling: Up to 48KHz
- Speaker Drive Capabilities: 4W
- Speaker Impedance: 6Ω
- Speaker Sensitivity: 80dB 1W/1m SPL
- Form C (SPDT) Relay Contact Closure Rating: 30VDC or 270VAC, 3A
- Max PoE Cable Length: 100m (per standard) PoE 10/100 cable length
- Max Cable Length for Optional Horn Speaker: 20ft
- Temperature Range: -40°C to +60°C
- Dimensions: 4.3” x 4.8” x 1.94”
- Construction: 20-gauge steel housing with white polyester powdercoat paint
- Regulatory Compliance: FCC Class B
- Warranty: 2 years limited