Small IP Display
Wahsega’s Small IP Display is perfect for individual rooms and offices. In addition to displaying the synchronized time and date, the IP display can display custom scrolling text, has built-in flashers to get people’s attention, crystal clear audio, a condenser microphone and the ability to play local room audio with a Sound Reinforcement Panel.
Carina Price: $729
Carina Model Number WL-IPD-SPKR-510-CAR
InformaCast Price: $799
InformaCast Model Number WL-IPD-SPKR-510-INF
Small IP Display Features
The Wahsega Small IP Display is the perfect tool to get the message out to everyone in your building. With an LED display as well as a speaker, your message will get everyone’s attention and make sure the information is easily digestible during an emergency.
In addition to getting the message out, the Small IP Display also acts as a help station where people can push a button to call for help and have a hands-free conversation. During an emergency situation, the Small IP Display can lock up to two doors and detect whether they have been closed and locked.
- 5”H x 10”W LED multicolor display
- Supports up to 256 characters
- HD audio / microphone
- Panic/Call button support
- Built-in multicolor flashers
- Automatic time synchronization
- Simple wall mount kit included
- Supports Carina or InformaCast
Wahsega’s Small IP Display enables continuous-time and date display but also allows for critical textual information to be scrolled on the display. The LED displays support over 32,000 colors and vector font technology providing easy reading comprehension. With network connectivity, scrolling LED display, and built-in speaker, the Wahsega Small IP Display broadcasts both audible and visible messages to classroom, offices and average-sized rooms. Two integrated relays let building managers remotely control external devices. A built-in microphone allows for two-way SIP communication, and time synchronization is handled by a network SNTP Server. The Wahsega POE enabled Small IP Display can even power an Extension Speaker up to 20 meters away via an Ethernet cable, increasing the audio coverage in the space without requiring an additional cable home run.
The Small IP Display supports the SIP protocol so it can register with the Carina PBX, Carina PBX Lite or any IP PBX for easy integration with your existing phone system. The best way to manage this device is through the Carina Event Manager, Event Manager Lite or InformaCast.
Powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE), the Small IP Display works with the Wahsega Panic/Call Button or standard panic buttons to trigger an outbound SIP call. With Wahsega’s advanced panic button functionality, a brief button press places a call to one preconfigured number—such as the front office—while a longer press-and-hold will call a second, preconfigured panic number. This feature significantly reduces false alarm panic calls.
In addition, the Wahsega Small IP Display supports local room audio through the use of a connected Sound Reinforcement Panel. Sound reinforcement brings much more value to the speaker by allowing people to use the speaker for projectors, microphones, laptops, tablets, and even smartphones instead of having to install expensive independent sound systems.
With simple installation and programming, advanced functionality, and reduced labor and installation costs, the Wahsega POE Small IP Display is the perfect solution for a wide range of applications.
- Supports Carina or InformaCast
- PoE 802.3af enabled
- Able to drive second Wahsega analog speaker <20m away via Cat5e or Cat6
- Fully configurable via Carina or InformaCast
- Environmental noise suppression
- Amplify classroom audio with compatible sound reinforcement panel
- Simple surface-mount wall installation
- Built-in microphone for two-way communication
- Integrated status LED
- Two onboard relays for door control
- Text display up to 5” high
- RJ45 connections for simplified installation of second speaker and remote sound reinforcement wallplate
- Compatible with standard panic buttons
- Scrolling text display for longer messages
- Time set by network SNTP Server with no manual adjustments necessary
- Receive bell and event schedule alerts
- Display 12- or 24-hour clock with four or six numerals
- Auto-dim LED feature for energy reduction
- Industry-leading low standby power
- 32 x 64 LED resolution
- Ethernet: 10/100 Mbps
- Power Input: PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) 802.3af
- Standby power: < 2 Watt
- Protocol: SIP RFC 3261 compatible
- Audio Codecs: G.711, G.726, G.722, G.729, DVI4, Linear PCM, iLBC, Speex, SILK, Opus
- Audio Sampling: HD audio of 48Khz or 44.1kHz
- Speaker Drive Capabilities: 8W (5W per speaker when driving two speakers)
- Speaker Impedance: 8Ω
- Speaker Sensitivity: 96dB 1W/0.5M SPL
- Coverage Angle: 120° / 4 kHz
- Dry Contact Relay Rating: 2A min, 24VAC/30VDC
- Max PoE Cable Length: 100m (per standard) PoE 10/100 cable length
- Max Secondary Speaker Cat5e or Cat6 Cable Length: 20m
- Temperature Range: -40°C to +60°C
- Weight: 7.2 lbs
- Overall Dimensions: 20.39” W x 7.1” H x 4.54” D
- LED Panel Dimensions: 5” tall x 10” wide
- Construction: Metal housing with polyester powdercoat paint
- Regulatory Compliance: FCC Class A
- Warranty: 2 years limited
Small IP display is compatible with
Sound Reinforcement Panel
Call & Panic Button
Here's what our customers are saying
Schleicher Independent School District
JD Doyle, Technology Director
With the Carina system, I can control everything from a website; I can easily adjust the volume in each classroom.
Destin High School
Chris Harris, Founding Board Member
At the end of the day, it just works. I put it in and I don't have to mess with it.
Bossier Parish Schools
Jeffrey Becker, DCS Telecom
We added installing a brand new PA/Intercom system within the original project timeframe, thanks to the simplicity of Carina; we couldn’t do this with any other system.
Trinity Valley Community College
Lonie Packer, Director of Network Operations
From a financial standpoint, the Wahsega system is the most affordable option, it’s been a great product to work with.
Lincoln County Schools
Steven Hoyle, Director of Technology Services
If we hadn’t found Wahsega we would be much less invested in IP given our budget. The sweet spot of what we can afford with the value we need.
North Kansas City
Joel Brooks, Network Project Manager
I now have a one-fit device that can solve a lot of problems. From a management standpoint, I don’t need a separate intercom, alert systems and synchronized time system.
Brandy Blanchard, IT Project Manager
A huge benefit was the secondary speaker with half the wiring, it was a godsend for our limited budget.
Gerry Dawson, Technology Director
With Carina, we got a comprehensive platform with a fully digital paging system, synchronized clock and bell scheduler, classroom intercom, and emergency notification that’s future-proof.
Robert Clemmer, IT Administrator
The Carina system is a faster and more reliable solution that fit within our limited budget.
Pinellas County Schools
Julian Johnson, Unified Communications Systems Administrator
We started our relationship with Wahsega due to the affordability, but we stayed because of the great customer service.
Matthew Kefford, Director of Technology Services
Safety is the biggest advantage with Wahsega. We are now way ahead of the county in terms of security.
Saint Edward's School
Quen Voyles, IT Director
It has been a great partnership from my standpoint. Very clean installation with easy setup. It’s been a great fit, you can tell everyone involved knows what they’re doing.
Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School
Mike Boardman, Technology Specialist
During standardized testing week, students have different dismissal times, start times; it’s much easier adjusting our bell schedule with Carina than our previous system.
Trinity Christian Academy
Dante McNeil, IT Director
Now the bells work every time which the teachers love, they don't have to keep track of changing schedules, it's just massively improved.