2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker
Wahsega’s 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker is a simple to use yet robust multi-use end device that contains multiple systems in one. In addition to playing crisp audio broadcasts, it can play local room audio through a Sound Reinforcement Panel, lock down up to two doors and act as a help station via a panic button. Best of all, it can power a Second Room Speaker that acts independently, reducing installation costs by up to 50%.
Carina Price: $349
Carina Model Number WL-SPKR-22-CAR
InformaCast Price: $419
InformaCast Model Number WL-SPKR-22-INF
A powerful feature of the 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker is the ability to power a Second Room Speaker in an adjacent room or space. The Second Room speaker will act as an independent IP speaker on the network, saving organizations up to millions of dollars in cabling costs. This feature alone allows any type of organization with any budget to achieve full coverage at an affordable price.
The 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker combines multiple devices into one package. Through the use of a connected Sound Reinforcement Panel, local audio can be played over the speaker from any source including smart phones, computers, wireless microphones or even a projector. This feature alone can save hundreds to thousands of dollars in indiependent sound systems. In addition, the 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker can lock and monitor up to two doors during a building wide lockdown.
- High quality speaker
- Two-way VoIP endpoint
- HD audio / microphone
- Panic/Call button support
- Two independent speakers, one PoE homerun
- Local room audio support
- Simple ceiling tile mount
- Supports Carina or InformaCast
The Wahsega 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker is a PoE-powered drop-in IP ceiling tile speaker with SIP and Multicast support for paging, built-in microphone, sound reinforcement, advanced panic button functionality, and door lock relays for room safety and monitoring. This revolutionary speaker has the ability to power a Second Room Speaker up to 20 meters away via an Ethernet cable. This Second Room Speaker performs all of the same functions as the first—without the need for an additional cable home run, drastically reducing installation costs up to 50%.
The 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker supports the SIP protocol so it can register with the Wahsega PICS, Diet IP PBX or any IP PBX for easy integration with your existing phone system. The best way to manage this device is through the Carina Event Manager, Event Manager Lite or InformaCast.
With VoIP calls via SIP registration, the 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker functions as a 2-way SIP intercom and also receives broadcast paging announcements via its multicast support, all from a single IP speaker.
Two onboard relays on the 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker enable room lockdowns by controlling door locks for up to two doors and monitoring to make sure they are secured.
The 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker works with the Wahsega Panic/Call Button or standard panic buttons. In addition, it provides advanced functionality to reduce the number of false alarm triggers from the panic button. With this advanced functionality, a brief button press places a call to one preconfigured number—such as the front office—while a longer press-and-hold will call a second, preconfigured panic number.
For larger rooms where a second speaker is needed, the 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker has the ability to drive an Extension Speaker up to 20 meters away via Cat5e or Cat6 cable. Alternately, the two-room 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker can drive a Second Room Speaker in an adjacent room. In a two-room configuration, the Second Room Speaker has all of the functionality of the first speaker, without requiring an additional wiring home run.
With simple installation and advanced functionality, the Wahsega 2×2 Ceiling IP Speaker is perfect for any indoor application, large or small.
- Dual registration: SIP and Carina or InformaCast
- PoE 802.3af enabled (Power-over-Ethernet)
- Industry-leading low standby power
- Fully configurable via Carina or InformaCast
- QR code label for easy MAC address identification
- Multiple audio codecs to choose from
- Remote firmware upgradeable
- Simple 2×2 grid lay-in ceiling installation
- Standard earthquake tabs for added stability
- Ability to drive a Second Room Speaker up to 20m away via Cat5e or Cat6
- Classroom sound reinforcement panel
- Microphone input
- Web-based mic and speaker volume control
- Two onboard relays for door control
- Integrated status LED
- Compatible with Wahsega Call/Panic or standard panic buttons
- Advanced panic button functionality to reduce false alarm triggers
- RJ45 connections for simplified installation of second speaker and remote sound reinforcement faceplate
- Ethernet: 10/100 Mbps
- Power Input: PoE 802.3af
- Standby Power: < 1W
- Protocol: SIP RFC 3261 compatible
- Audio Codecs: G.711, G.726 (16/24/32/40kbps), G.722, DVI4 (narrow/HD/Ultra HD), Linear PCM, iLBC, Speex, SILK
- Speaker Drive Capabilities: 8W (5W per speaker when driving two speakers)
- Speaker Impedance: 8Ω
- Speaker Sensitivity: 96dB 1W/1M SPL
- Dry Contact Relay Rating: 2A min, 250V AC, 24V DC
- Max PoE Cable Length: 100m (per standard) PoE 10/100 cable length
- Max Secondary Speaker Cat5e or Cat6 Cable Length: 20m
- Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- Dimensions: 24″ x 24″ x 4.44″
- Construction: 24-gauge steel housing with white polyester powdercoat paint
- Options: Remote Sound Reinforcement Panel and Wahsega Second Room or Extension Speaker
- Warranty: 2 years limited
- US Patent #9,774,966
2×2 ceiling IP speaker is compatible with
We work with the best people
Are you an integrator or reseller? Let’s talk.
See Carina in Action
Get your personal walkthrough with a member of our customer success team.
"If we hadn’t found Wahsega we would be much less invested in IP given our budget. Sweet spot of what we can afford with the value we need."
Schedule your demo